Thursday, July 9, 2009

Testing, testing....

I scheduled my tests for my teaching certification.
If I pass(which I assume I will, obviously) I will be a full fledged teacher by December of this year.

I intend to be a teacher by December, and to have a teaching job by next fall.
(The above is an intention I set the other night; I repeat it daily.)

Its kind of weird to take a 'test' to teach; I taught for quite some time without a license or certificate of any kind.

Its also kind of weird to be a 'student' again.

I hated school when I was a kid. Hated college when I was a young adult.

I got bored. Bored with teachers and professors who just wanted me to repeat their words back to them, bored with other students who seemed to take forever to grasp simple concepts.
I skipped classes. Refused to study. Never turned in homework.

Somehow, I still passed.


Its a little bit different with this. I can't bullshit my way into good grades and can't turn in special projects to bring my grade up at the end of the semester.
Just a lot of memorization and regurgitation.

It bores the hell out of me. But I'm doing it anyways, because it means I can go back to teaching.

And then I'll be the one giving the tests.

No comments: